Job OpportunityPPSYC-UNDERGRAD-L <PSYC-UNDERGRAD-L@listserv.gmu.edu> on behalf of Michael E Hurley <email@example.com> Reply|
Family in Great Falls is looking to hire a GMU psychology student who would be interested in helping to support to a 26 year old lady with a few mental health diagnoses. The main responsibilities would be to provide transportation and social support for the young lady to get out of the house more.
Below is a list of the primary responsibilities of the position:
· Meet a 26 year old female client inside her family’s household in Great Falls, VA (1-2 times / week)
· Support client in discussing feelings as well as with activities such as cooking, reading / writing as needed
· Encourage other coping skills if she is interested in extra medications then retrieving and returning the key to a lock box for “as needed” medications if still requested
· Provide transportation to the client (a valid driver’s license is necessary, however, a car is available for use with the client during work hours)
· Provide company in getting out of the house at night for activities such as seeing a movie or socializing with new people at restaurants/bars
· A personality which is intuitive, friendly, resourceful, patient, firm when needed yet flexible with less important matters would be ideal
· An interest in dogs is preferred as we are training a service dog
· Prior experience offering mental health care support preferred
If interested, please contact Laura Feibelman at firstname.lastname@example.org.