George Mason University LIFE Program seeks energetic and enthusiastic students to work 1-on-1 with individuals with disAbilties in a vocational setting. As an employment support staff for the Mason LIFE Program (a post-secondary educational program for individuals with intellectual and developmental disAbilities) your primary responsibilities would include:
· Travelling to and from the worksite with the student
· Assisting the student at becoming more independent in their assigned vocational tasks
· Acting as a liaison between the organization and the student
· Model what it means to be a good employee
· Additional tasks as assigned
Looking for students to fill the following time slots starting in the Spring semester:
Monday (8:30am-4:15pm) or (9:00am to 3:00pm)
There are also opportunities to work for the program for shorter blocks of time (around two hours) on various days throughout the week, including Tuesday and Thursday.
Pay rate is $8.00 per hour and students cannot exceed 20 hours per week. Please e-mail Andrew Hahn (Employment Coordinator) of the Mason LIFE Program at firstname.lastname@example.org in order to set up an interview to be considered for employment.